Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cherish The Love

Well, I cannot believe that we are at the end of January already. Where does the time go? Friends have asked where I've been since my last post and not to pull a downer right away I lost three close friends in the month of December and when I thought it could now worse it did and my Uncle & Godfather died a day after Boxing Day. So I've been grieving for these considerable losses. I've been thinking just how to extract some good out of the sadness and over the course of the next four posts I'll do just that by sharing the intrinsic wisdom that each of these remarkable individuals brought into my life.

My friend Edith taught the value of being able to still smile in the face of adversity. She always presented and optimistic and hopeful demeanor and always had a twinkle of mischievousness in her eye. Her example of faithful service to others was not lost on me and she also taught me the value of simplicity and expressing honest and heartfelt for those you love. Though I miss her terribly her legacy of love and example has made me grateful and inspired to emulate her positive attributes.

On another note I've have been "visioneering" and doing some hard core goal setting for this year. I recently read a wonderful and helpful book by Brian Tracy entitled "Goals" and it has been an excellent resource and guide during my planning process. One of my favourite quotes on planning is from the Bible that simply says "Where there is no vision the people perish".

I envision that 2012 will be a great year with many lessons to learn, many remarkable people yet to meet, and opportunities to leave and indelible and meaningful footprint of love and contribution.

Cheers to you and hope dear friends that you will cherish those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment